Yoga is a popular means of a healthy lifestyle
瑜伽是一种流行的健康生活方式
and means of recovery for both athletes and regular people.
也是运动员和普通大众修复身体的途径
During the last decade, it has blown up in the world
在过去的十年里 瑜伽迅速风靡全球
and became extremely popular not only as a practice
它是一项运动 一种生活方式
but also as a lifestyle and even a fashion statement.
甚至是一种时尚元素 备受大众喜爱
Yet while many Yogis tend to shine an extremely positive light
然而 当很多瑜伽练习者在瑜伽中受益
on the benefits of Yoga,
且焕发光彩时
nothing is always just bright,
任何事物都有两面性
as there is a dark side to it, which is often left unspoken of as well.
只是阴暗面人们往往闭口不谈罢了
Hi, my name is Rokas.
大家好 我叫Rokas
I’ve been a professional Yoga instructor for the last 10 years
我做专业瑜伽导师已经有十年了
and ran my own Yoga studio for 7 of them.
其中有七年是经营自己的瑜伽工作室
Through these years I’ve personally experienced
对于“为什么不要盲目相信瑜伽”这一问题
why you should not trust Yoga blindly
这些年来我个人深有体会
and will share with you the why in this video.
并将在本期视频与大家分享原因
I began learning Yoga intensively when I was 19
我19岁时住在一个合气道 瑜伽与冥想学院
while I lived in an Aikido, Yoga and meditation school as a live-in student.
做住校生 那时便开始深入研习瑜伽
Not only was I introduced to the philosophical, cultural and mystical side of Yoga
我不仅学到了瑜伽的哲学 文化和神秘的一面
such as chakras, nadis, prana and more,
比如 脉轮 三脉 能量等等
I also did at least three Hatha Yoga classes per week,
而且每周至少上三次哈他瑜伽课
which included stretching, balance postures, breathing exercises and more
包括分别由不同导师教授的
taught by various different instructors.
拉伸 平衡体式 呼吸练习等等
After living in the school for two years,
在学院生活了两年之后
eventually wanting to open up my own martial arts school,
我最终想自己开设一家武术学院
I was suggested to become a professional Yoga instructor as well
老师还建议我做一名专业的瑜伽导师
in order to have a more wholerounded studio.
这样就会是一个课程更全面的工作室
In order to become proficient, I set out for a month to visit India
为了精进学习 我首先用一个月时间游学印度
and deepen my Yoga knowledge there before.
去丰富我的瑜伽知识
After three years of intense studying,
经过三年的深入研习
I was ready to start my own school in my home country.
我准备好了在我们国家开设自己的学院
While I’ve gathered teaching experience during my time as a live-in student
然而 尽管我在住校学习期间积累了教学经验
and ended up learning quite a bit about Yoga,
最终也学到了很多瑜伽知识
when I started my own school, I did not feel confident in my teaching skills
当我创办自己的学院时 仍对自己的教学技巧不自信
as I felt something was missing.
总觉得少点什么
I was encouraged and blessed by my main Yoga instructor to teach,
虽然我主要的瑜伽导师鼓励我去教学 给我信心
yet every time I taught,
但我每次授课时
I felt I wasn’t sure exactly what I was teaching.
总感觉不确定自己到底在教什么
I knew all the main postures, breathing exercises,
我了解所有的主要体式 呼吸练习
theory and main official benefits.
理论知识 还有主要的练习益处
I could pass them on quite well to my students too.
我也能将这些知识很好地传递给学员
Yet still, I always felt a nagging feeling that something was wrong.
但始终有种恼人的感觉挥之不去 总觉得哪里不对
I also had a feeling that others Yoga instructors knew much more than I did
此外 我还感觉其他瑜伽导师懂得比我多
and that compared to them I was inferior.
与他们相比 我自愧不如
To fix this nagging feeling,
为了摆脱困扰
I decided to start seeing other Yoga instructors to fill my missing gap,
我决定去上上其他瑜伽导师的课 来查漏补缺
yet what I discovered was very surprising.
然而结果令我震惊
While I expected to be blown away by the superior knowledge of other Yoga instructors
我满心期待着被其他瑜伽导师的深度知识所折服
and was ready to fill my gaps of knowledge with theirs,
并准备以此来填补我的知识空缺
each Yoga instructor I’ve met and attended to,
然而我遇见的 包括上过课的所有瑜伽导师
I either knew as much as them or sometimes even more than they did.
他们懂的知识要么跟我一样多 要么就是还不如我
That caught me off guard as I expected to be way inferior,
​这着实让我猝不及防 因为我本以为是自己技不如人
yet while I still felt a missing piece in my method of teaching,
可我还是觉得自己的教学法有不足之处
I had to come to a conclusion that:
我只能得出这样一个结论:
“If I know as much as all these well-known Yoga instructors,
“如果我跟这些知名瑜伽导师懂的一样多
my Yoga teaching must be good enough.”
那么我的瑜伽教学肯定没问题”
And thus I continued to teach, trying to ignore the doubt I had.
所以我继续教瑜伽 尽量忽略我的疑虑
Everything changed though when a book called
然而 由普利策奖获奖作家William J. Broad所著的
“The Science of Yoga: The Risks and the Rewards”
《科学地研究瑜伽那点事儿:优缺点杂谈》一书
written by a Pulitzer Prize winner author William J. Broad, came into my attention.
引起了我的注意 从此改变了一切
As I dove into the book,
我研读这本书时发现
it explained in detail how Yoga arrived to the West
它详细解释了瑜伽是如何传入西方世界
and how actually little it was tested by science
以及那些声称瑜伽练习能够带来的功效
to check and prove all the claims which it came together with.
实则很少得到科学验证
That reminded me of all my so called “knowledge”
这使我联想到我学到的那些
about the benefits of various Yoga postures that I knew,
所谓的关于各种瑜伽体式功效的“知识”
which to me, always felt suspicious.
于我而言 总是对其怀有疑虑
It turns out most of them were just made up by various Indian Yogis
事实证明 大部分“知识”仅仅是由诸多印度瑜伽士
and passed on from generation to generation,
编造而来 继而代代相传
until it eventually spread through the West as well.
直到最终也传入了西方世界
Regarding pretty much 90% of them,
就其中高达90%左右的知识而言
there were no scientific proof to back up the supposed claimed benefits,
并没有科学依据来支撑这些想当然的练习功效
and in the researches that were actually done.
也没有在现实实践中被验证
Most of the times the benefits were very different to the oficial ones,
很多时候 练习功效与官方阐释的并不相同
if there were any at all.
假设它真的存在一些功效的话
To reveal my nagging thoughts even further,
这本书还列举了很多实例
the book gave a whole list of examples
深深地唤起了我当初的疑虑
where the practice of Yoga was actually damaging to the body of the practitioner,
书中提到 瑜伽练习实际上会损伤练习者的身体
often times leading to dramatic, life long injuries,
时常会造成身体强烈的终身性伤害
since as it turns out, while many Yogis proclaimed
虽然很多瑜伽士宣称 瑜伽是绝对安全
Yoga to be completely safe and only beneficial practice,
完全有益的锻炼方式 然而事实证明
if practiced in the wrong way, which is by the way, not difficult to do,
如果练习方法有误 顺便提一句 这真的很常见
can lead to extreme injuries, which turns out,
那这就会对身体造成严重伤害
actually happened very often through the entire world.
而事实表明 这在全球范围内都经常发生
After having read the book,
读完这本书之后
I was finally sure of what was bothering me all this time.
我终于明白 一直以来到底是什么在困扰我了
Despite the fact that I knew almost as much as most professional Yoga instructors,
尽管我与大多数专业瑜伽导师懂的几乎一样多
it turned out most of us did not know much
但是事实证明 我们中的大多数人
about the reality of the body and healthy physical practice at all.
根本不懂人体结构和健康的身体锻炼方式
We were all given some watered down,
我们所学的都是一些掺杂水分
fantasy based information about how the body works
空想出来的关于人体功能的知识信息
and the made up benefits of the postures and exercises
以及我们以之为教学基础的
that our teaching was based on.
编造而来的体式功效和锻炼益处
Worst thing, many people came to our classes wanting to get better,
最糟糕的是 许多人进入瑜伽课堂是为了改善自我
to heal from various injuries and become healthier.
为了摆脱各种病痛 获得健康
Yet in reality, they came to the very wrong hands of a bunch of people
而事实上 他们把自己交到了错误的人手上
who were sure they know what they were doing,
这群人自以为知道自己在教什么
although in reality they didn’t.
而事实却并非如此
That is such a dangerous “game” to be played,
这是个玩起来十分危险的“游戏”
yet unfortunately it is still played in many Yoga schools across the world.
然而很不幸 全球诸多瑜伽学院仍然在玩这种“游戏”
Thinking about all of this, for a moment I still considered
想到这一切 有那么一瞬间我还是觉得
that maybe it was just me who was just unlucky
可能仅仅是我太倒霉
and I’ve met the wrong people in my Yoga practice
在瑜伽练习道路上没有遇到
who were unable to see the reality side of things.
能看清事物真实一面的明师
Of course, how good a Yoga instructor is also depends on himself
当然 一位瑜伽导师能做到多么优秀还在于自身
and how much he is interested in the truth.
在于他有多大兴趣去研究真相
I am sure that there are a handful of instructors
我确信市面上有一部分瑜伽导师
who do know the science behind the body and physical health
确实懂得人体结构和身体健康背后的科学原理
and teach it in the right way.
并正确地传授给学员
Unfortunately, I am quite certain as well
然而很不幸 我也很确定
that such people are few out of many.
这样的导师少之又少
This realization soon came to me
当我的一个好友参加全球最著名的
when a close person of mine attended one of the most famous
为期一个月的瑜伽导师课程时
and world wide spread month long Yoga instructor’s course,
这个想法就印入我的脑海
where after spending a month there
经过一个月的培训
and learning everything they had to give her,
学习了导师教授给她的所有内容之后
I still saw a huge amount of lack in her proper knowledge
我仍然能看出
on how to teach a science based Yoga
她在如何以科学为基础教授瑜伽
which would guarantee safety of the students,
来保障学员安全不受伤方面知识的大量欠缺
and that knowledge in the course was pretty much not addressed at all.
而这部分知识在那个课程中几乎完全没讲
While through the years I’ve seen many more dark sides of Yoga practice,
这些年 尽管我见多了瑜伽练习的阴暗面
this one was the most shocking one for me to discover.
但这个发现最令我震惊
Millions of people entrust their health
成千上万的人们把他们的健康
to the so called “Yoga professionals”
交付于这些所谓的“瑜伽专家”手上
without deeply questioning their source of knowledge
而并没有多加质疑他们的知识来源
and risk experiencing injury which may lead to lifelong consequences.
也没有质疑是否有造成终身性后果的受伤风险
Most Yoga instructors blindly trust their original sources too,
大多数瑜伽导师也盲目相信他们所学的源头知识
without taking the time to look at the science tested methods
不再去花时间学习那些经过科学验证的理论
and information of helping other individuals to maintain their physical health.
和能够帮助别人获得身体健康的知识
There are endless numbers of so called professional Yoga instructors
有无数的所谓“专业瑜伽导师”
who passed a month long course,
通过一个月的课程学习
where they were mainly taught some Indian mysticism
主要学到了一些印度神秘主义
and a handful of physical exercises with made up benefits
和一部分凭空捏造对身体有益的锻炼动作
and straight away went for teaching others.
然后他们就以此去教其他学员
Does that mean that Yoga is an entirely bad practice?
那么这意味着瑜伽练习只有坏处吗?
Of course not.
当然不是
If learned and taught properly, it can be a wonderful, healing practice.
如果经过正规的学习并教授他人 那么瑜伽是极好的疗愈练习
Yet as in everything,
然而归根结底
it is essential that critical thinking is applied,
我们一定要有辩证批判思维
that our sources of knowledge are properly tested
一定要合理验证我们获取的知识
and that we neither pass on dangerous information and practices,
一定要避免传授有危害的知识和练习方式
nor we allow ourselves to fall into the hands of such.
也要避免自己受此危害
While Yoga is painted in a very bright light,
虽然瑜伽表面上光鲜亮丽
it is essential that we look behind it to know what we are really getting into.
但我们一定要看到我们接触的瑜伽 背后的真实模样
Do you agree with the message of this video?
你是否也同意以上观点呢?
Is that what you experienced as well?
你是否也有过上述经历呢?
Let me know in the comments.
欢迎留言告诉我们
Also, if you want more videos like this one,
同时 如果想获取更多类似视频
surbscribe to the Martial Arts Journey YouTube channel.
欢迎订阅YouTube的Martial Arts Journey频道
This is Rokas and I wish you to own your journey.
我是Rokas 祝您开启自己的身心之旅

相关热播

  • 2021-08-24你老是丢钥匙的真实原因[片头][♪ INTRO ] 这才是最恼人的事情――正要出门It’s the most annoying thing — you’re about to walk out of the house 却发现自己想不起来钥匙放在哪了when you realize you have no idea where your keys are. 你本应该把它挂在门边的小..
  • 2021-09-01不同的久坐方式对健康的影响是不一样的久坐对健康有害…… 但是一项新的研究表明 在工作上久坐也许并没那么有害 这项新研究发表于《美国心脏协会杂志》 研究表明 相较于在闲暇之余坐着看电视 久坐也许不会对心脏和寿命更有害 在这项调查中 近3600个非裔美国成年人 反映了他们在过去一年花在工作 看电视和锻炼上的时间 在根据身体健康 生活方式等因素作出调整后 调查者发现 在工作上“经常或总是”坐着的人 死亡或者患心脏病的风险并不比别人高 但..
  • 2021-08-24精神病患者的10个特征精神病患者Psychopathy. 他们都像《沉默的羔羊》中的莱克特医生或者《惊魂记》中的诺曼·贝茨那样么Is it all about Dr. Lecter in silence of the lambs or Normal Bates from psycho? 那么《美国精神病人》中的帕特里克·贝特曼呢How about Patrick Bateman from American Psych..
  • 2021-08-24老人的故事:外在奖励如何扼杀内在动机【音乐】[music] 嗨大家 我想和你们聊些东西Hey guys, I want to talk to you about something 在视频的最后你将有机会赢得20美元paypal或者亚马逊礼券and by the end of this video, you’ll have a chance to win 20 dollars paypal or an Amazon G..
  • 2021-08-24抑郁症鲜为人知的症状有希望的是[♪ INTRO ] Hopefully, 如今我们都知道抑郁不只是悲伤那么简单by now we all know that depression is about more than sadness. 但即使你认为抑郁症也包括But even if your idea of depression also includes things 绝望或者冷漠这样的表现like hopele..
  • 2021-08-27科学神教就是宗教信仰里的麦当劳记得我第一次听说这个教是在我长滩的叔叔彼得那里I remember first to hearing about it from my uncle Peter who lives in Long Beach, and 我第一次在洛杉矶拜访他时 他和我谈论这个宗教when I visited him in L.A. for the first time he told me about this ..
  • 2021-08-24改变他人想法的5条技巧有件事我们都曾经尝试过something that we have all tried to do 但总是会失败before but almost always fail is to 那就是改变别人的想法 使之贴近我们的思考change someone else’s mind to our way of 这就是问题所在thinking and this is the problem ..
  • 2021-08-24解码青春期之女生们难以启齿的小秘密大家好 今天我们从女性的角度来讲青春期Hey, WellCasters, today we’re going to cover puberty from the female perspective. 如果你不知道那是什么意思And if you don’t know what that means, 那可能是因为:it might be because you: a.你..
  • 2021-08-249个情绪不稳定型人格障碍的典型表现知道么You know what, 缺少自信lack of self-confidence is one of the most important factors 会影响你的形象 对生活满意度that can influence your image, your level of satisfaction with your life 以及你的情感稳定性and your emotional s..
  • 2021-08-24如何建立不可动摇的自信如何建立稳固的自信 当你感觉正在变成你有能力成为的人的时候 自我实现和自我满足就在此时开花结果 当你对你完成心中一切所想之事 有稳固信心的时候 将会有什么差别呢 一位年轻女士曾写信给布莱恩 说道 自从听到他提出的以下问题 她的人生发生了转折 “ 如果你知道自己不可能失败 你敢追求什么伟大梦想” 信中写道 直到那个时候 这仍然是一个她不敢甚至去思考的问题 但现在她不再有其他思虑 她灵光一现茅塞顿开..
  • 2021-08-24练习正念和缓解压力的 8 种方法Mindfulness is all about being calmly and fully engaged in the present.正念是冷静地和全身心地投入到当下 Instead of paying attention to every little distraction,而不是将注意力分散 focusing on what you’re doing now 集中注意力在你正在做的..
  • 2021-08-27每个人都能是数学家《大想法》 我认为世界上每个人I think that everyone 只要他们想 就能成为一个数学家in the world could be a math person if they wanted to. 但我想说的是 关键是这是否是他们想要的The keyword though, I want to say, is if they wanted to. 也就是说 我的确认为每个身处美国..

我要评论

    评论加载中...

译学馆所有视频和图片来自互联网版权归原创者所有。

加载中...