大家好!嘿,Squid在这儿啊!一切还好吗?
Hey guys! Hey there, Squid! How’s it going?
唔唔唔,我现在有那么点异常情况。
TGS: Mmmph. I’m kinda cranky right now.
噢,不。没有人想那样。是什么在困惑着你?
Jessi: Oh no. No one wants that. What’s bothering you?
巡航舰
TGS: Cruise ships.
巡航舰?
Jessi: Cruise ships?
是的,巡航舰。你知道的,人们会用来到处航行的那些巨型的舰船。
TGS: Yeah, cruise ships. You know, those giant boats that you people sail around in. There’s
他们整天在我上面开来开去,我根本没法睡觉。
been one floating above me all day, and I can’t get any sleep!
我是说,他们非常大!而且特别吵闹!就像是一个漂浮的城市!
I mean, it’s huge! And noisy! It’s like a floating city!
所以,我没有睡觉,只是醒着,四周游荡,瞪着巡航舰,想着为什么。
So, instead of sleeping, I’ve just been bobbing awake, staring at it, and wondering.
这么巨大的一艘船是怎样在水上漂浮的呢?
How does a giant ship like that float on the water?
我是说,通常情况下重的东西会沉到水底,是这样吧?就像有人扔石子
I mean, heavy things sink in water, right? Like when someone up there tosses a rock into
到海里——你知道的,有时候会发生这种事——然后石子会沉入水底。
the ocean — which happens, you know — it sinks.
所以说为什么那么重的船能浮起来呢?
So why does that heavy ship get to float?
又大又重的船能浮起来和它的形状有关。
Jessi: The reason a big, heavy ship like that can float has to do with its shape.
物体的是沉下去还是浮起来有很大一部分影响是来自于
Whether an object sinks or floats to begin with has a lot to do with something called
排水量。
displacement.
排水量指的是物体在水中排出或移开了多少水。所以说,当你
Displacement is when an object displaces, or pushes aside, water. So, like, when you
把冰块放进一杯装满水的玻璃杯里面,会有一些水溢出来。
drop an ice cube into an already-full glass of water, some water spills out.
那就是排水量吗?
TGS: That’s displacement?
是的——溢出的水的量与
Jessi: That’s right — the amount of water that spills out is actually equal to the amount
冰块占据的体积是相等的!
of space the ice cube takes up!
或者想想你洗澡的时候。
Or think about when you take a bath.
停一下。等等。洗澡是什么?
TGS: Hold up. Wait. What’s a bath?
事实上,在陆地上,我们喜欢把自己浸湿在一大盆温暖的水里来清洁身体,
Jessi: Well, up here, we like to clean ourselves up by soaking in a tub full of nice warm,
用上肥皂。
soapy water.
听上去好粗野!那是不是说你们人类就是每天都要到处走弄得脏兮兮的?
TGS: That sounds gross! Do that mean that humans just walk around all day getting dirty?
如果你们都能想我一样所有时间都在水里度过,你就不会弄脏,
If you spent all of your time in the water like me, you’d never get dirty in the first
最开始就不会。
place.
又不是每个人都是相同的,对吧?我知道肯定有一些在看视频的人知道
Jessi: Well, not everyone’s the same, right? I know some of the people watching here know
洗澡是什么的。
what a bath is.
好吧好吧。
TGS: Mmmrph, okay.
所以,比如说你把浴缸加满水-加到最满。然后你跳进浴缸。
Jessi: So, say you fill the bathtub up — all the way to the top. And then you climb in.
现在有水在地板上,很多水。水的体积
Now there’s water on the floor. Lots of water. The amount of water equal to the amount
等同于你所占据的空间的体积
of space that you took up!
一个物体之所以能飘浮的秘密在于,它必须置换足够的水
Now, one of the secrets to an object being able to float, is that it has to displace
以便水能尽量的将它托起
enough water so that the water it pushes aside weighs as much as it does.
好的,你在桶里,你想做个实验,你可以
Alright, so, say you’re in the tub and you want to do an experiment. You can bring in
带一个小碗,一些岩石收藏品里的石头。
a small bowl, and some rocks from your rock collection.
如果你把碗放入水中,它将浮起来,因为碗的底部置换了
If you put the bowl in the water, it’ll float. Because the bottom of the bowl is displacing
一些水。水的体积和将碗托起的体积是一样的
some water. And the amount of water that it’s pushing aside weighs the same as the bowl.
现在,我们将一个小石头放进去碗里
Now, drop a little rock in there.
放进一个,再加一个
Add another, and another.
碗变得越来越重了,所以每次都有点往下沉
The bowl is getting heavier, so it’s sinking a little bit each time.
但即使碗越来越重,它同时也置换了更多的水
But even though the bowl is heavier, it’s also displacing more water — so the amount
水的体积和将碗托起的体积是相同的
of water that it’s pushing aside still weighs the same as the bowl.
那么巡航舰怎么解释?它为什么没有沉下去?
TGS: So what does that mean for the cruise ship? Why doesn’t it sink?
嗯,轮船被设计得能排开尽可能多的水
Jessi: Well, ships are designed to displace as much water as possible.
它们非常非常宽,并且它们的底部延伸得非常远,所以它们推开
They’re realllly wide, and their bottoms tend stretch down really far, so they push
大量的水
aside a lot of water.
另外,一艘轮船在它的内部有着很大的空间–它的很多地方是中空的–这帮助
Plus, a ship has lots of empty space inside it — a lot of it is hollow — which helps
它保持轻,以及与被它所置换的、总量巨大的水比较
to keep it light, compared to the huge amount of water that it’s displacing.
瞧…它浮起来了
And voila… it floats.
好吧,好吧。所以现在在我头上那么大而且吵闹的聚会正在排出足够
TGS: OK, OK. So that giant, noisy party over my head right now is displacing enough water
能使它浮起来的水
that it can float.
噢,你们人类可能就是吵闹的,但是你们能够想出怎样建造能够漂浮巨大的金属东西
Well, you people may be noisy, but the fact that you figured out how to build giant metal
的事实……非常聪明。我会给你们那个评价
things that float… that’s pretty clever, I’ll give you that.
对,我并不了解你,但是我喜爱的一些东西往往是聪明
Jessi: Yeah, and I don’t know about you, but some of my favorite things tend to clever
并且吵闹的。谢谢加入乌贼和我,学习排水量。下次
and noisy. Thanks for joining Squid and me, learning about displacement. See you next

time!
旅途愉快
TGS: Bon voyage!

相关热播

  • 2021-09-07机器人外科医生和其他4项如科幻小说的医学进展《科学秀》 Modern medicine is pretty incredible.现代医学成就让人叹为观止 But even in a world where open-heart surgery但即便在心脏直视手术 and brain-scanning headsets sound almost mundane,和耳机式脑扫描仪都很寻常的当今世界 some medical advances..
  • 2021-08-24万有理论There’s still a holy grail that scientists are searching for科学家们仍在追寻科学界的圣杯 and it’s called a theory of everything.万有理论 What is a theory of everything? Well…万有理论是什么呢? This is General..
  • 2021-08-24臭虫。说真的!?这是一只雌性(温带臭虫)臭虫。在安静的夜晚,它会从藏身的地方悄悄爬出来,This is a female Cimex lectularius. In the quiet of night, she crawls from her hiding 朝你所散发的二氧化碳气体和温度的地方移动。place toward the carbon dioxide gas and warmth emanating..
  • 2021-09-02大堡礁是如何形成的?20,000 years ago, this area wasn’t even underwater.两万年前这片区域甚至都没在水下 It was covered with eucalyptus and paper bark forests.而是被桉树和纸树皮林所覆盖 And it was home to animals commonly found on the Australia..
  • 2021-08-24致命的火焰龙卷风长什么样子?2018年7月 加州卡尔大火 引发了致命的火焰龙卷风 科学家对此做出了解释 那天 一股从太平洋吹来的寒冷而密集的风 裹挟沉重的气流冲下山坡 和下面的热空气相撞 引发了破碎波和涡流紊流空气 当涡流和火海相遇时 火焰中产生了龙卷风 它延伸至比三个足球场还宽 比加州最高的山还高 内部温度飙升至2700华氏度 风速超过每小时165英里 仅仅40分钟 卡尔火焰龙卷风 毁坏了方圆一英里的道路
  • 2021-09-07伪装:动物捉迷藏嘘!我们正在玩捉迷藏!Shh! We’re playing hide and seek! 但是,我似乎不能找到Squeaks.你能吗?But, I can’t seem to find Squeaks. Can you? 轻音乐播放着[Soft music playing] 啊哈!找到了!Hah! Found yah! 咯咯的笑![Giggles] 在这里,我们很擅长捉迷藏。Here at th..
  • 2021-09-07关于多相式睡眠 科学家到底知道什么?[ ♪ Intro ][片头音乐] Conventional wisdom says we’re supposed to get 8 hours of sleep a night.人们普遍认为 我们晚上的睡眠时间 应该达到8个小时 Fewer of us actually do,事实上能做到的人特别少 with the CDC reporting that a third of American..
  • 2021-09-02如何修复古式真皮家具[soft music][轻音乐] [vacuuming][吸尘] Hi. My name’s Steven.嗨 我是Steven Today we’re gonna walk through how to restore a leather chesterfield.今天我们将介绍如何修复真皮沙发 This chesterfield chair we have in眼前..
  • 2021-09-07垃圾食品是如何干扰你的大脑的[音乐][INTRO ♪] 众所周知 垃圾食品 虽然它不健康 但是 很好吃Junk food: you know it’s not healthy, butit’s so good. 有时候 很难拒绝它And sometimes, it’s just too hard to resist. 科学家曾经试图弄清楚为什么垃圾食品And scientists have been trying to f..
  • 2021-09-02思想实验“体验机”:快乐是美好生活的秘诀吗?Here is the Thought Experiment. 这里是《思想实验》 A good life isn’t just about having a good time.美好生活不只是过得愉快 It’s about having a true time.更要活得真实 《电视点子》 In this episode, we’re going to tal..
  • 2021-09-02为什么月亮会变成红色?If there’s one thing we can rely on,如果说有一件事情我们能永远相信 it’s that the moon will always be there.那就是月亮会一直在 Night after night.夜夜如此 But our long-serving lunar satellite但作为长期守护地球的卫星 is actually changing,月球其实..
  • 2021-09-07关于猫咪的冷知识What if I told you that there might be a sneaky predator如果我跟你说 在你家里可能有一个 with super powers in your house right now?潜在的 拥有超强能力的捕食者该怎么办呢? If you live with one of these, there is!如果你和其中的一只在一起生活 那就是真有 I’..

我要评论

    评论加载中...

译学馆所有视频和图片来自互联网版权归原创者所有。

加载中...